Hot sausage and mustard!

"Food, glorious food!
We're anxious to try it.
Three banquets a day --
Our favourite diet!"


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Great Rose Petals of Fire

Today, despite a rather lousy hangover that has me feeling like a twice burned spinach soufflĂ© with a side order of headache, I have nothing but thanks to whatever lucky maraschino cherry has found me in the blissful position I am in. In what has been a candyfloss -filled roller coaster ride of crayfish, oysters, and a splash of bubbly, my life has become a half FULL bottle of sparkling wine with chocolate covered strawberries. With so much to update you on I really don’t know where to start but, much like the amazing Twilight Saga that has me salivating almost as much as a ‘Master chef goes large’ episode, I suppose the beginning is as good a place as any. Maybe grab some popcorn – this might take an entertaining while!

Having had my heart ripped out, tenderised, salted, and then microwaved to within an inch of incineration, I found myself very very lost and very very lonely. Without even my trusty appetite to keep me company and fill my long hours with tasty morsels, I finally found sanctuary (and bacon) in the form of a 3 week road trip of self discovery, friendship, and Love. I had no idea the morning I left for Port Elizabeth to join a certain gorgeous boy the extent to which this trip would impact my life, but after numerous treacherous (and almost certainly fatal) incidents including a death defying hike through the Transkei, a terrifyingly hairy caterpillar, some deceptively innocent crayfish wrapped in bacon, and almost dying from laughter at every turn, I have come away stronger, happier, and hungrier than ever before. I feel truly touched (not in an embarrassing ice-cream-child-nervous-twitch kind of way) and profoundly moved by what I experienced and am constantly amazed at this life I live. And not only have I found myself, my appetite, and the secret to a great cheese fondue, I have also found Love, trust, and a person whose idiosyncrasies complement my own – Thank you Chris Hinks for letting me breathe.

So, having got you to this point and skipping over some very important Knysna Oysters (another story in its own right) I can now finally tell you why I am officially the luckiest girl alive. After a long hard day Facebooking, Failbooking, and shuffling papers around my desk in a fairly veined and definitely unconvincing attempt to look busy, I finally made it to the refuge of my Husky dawg run house and an amazing mans arms. With the stress and trauma of the day melting away already, I made my way to the bathroom to discover a candlelit bubble bath complete with rose petals and pink sparkling wine. With my body literally tingling in anticipation I slipped into the warm water and spent the next hour in a happy-alcohol-candlelight daze that was almost too good to tear myself away from – but I was extremely glad when I did. Once out of the bath all vanilla scented and squeaky clean, I went through to the kitchen to find yet another candle filled setting, a plate of smoked salmon covered avo, more pink bubbly, and an irresistibly tantalizing man. Gleefully fed and merrily content I went to sleep with the same smile on my face that I have had for the past two and a half months – to those of you that it has started to irritate – you may want to avoid me...forever it would seem...I think this might just stay.

And he is cooking again tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment